I’ve mentioned before that I’m a big fan of Weight Watchers – and this delicious recipe for Zesty Chicken with Shallots, Capers and Olives is a perfect example of why I’m such a fan. This is one amazingly delicious recipe – and if you can eat a meal like this and still stay on your diet – it’s a real winner in my opinion!
This recipe, from the Weight Watchers Make It in Minutes: Easy Recipes in 15, 20, and 30 Minutes (Affiliate Link) cookbook is one of our go-to recipes even when we aren’t counting calories (or Weight Watchers points). The chicken is seasoned with rosemary and then combined with a super flavorful sauce made from tomatoes, olives, capers, and shallots. It’s like a trip to a restaurant in the Mediterranean all from the comfort of your own home!
*Disclaimer: I am not compensated by Weight Watchers, nor am I endorsing their program. I just happen to be a fan of their program based on the success that I achieved following their diet program. Their program worked for me, but results for you may vary.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, or ½ tablespoon if you are using dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped shallots (1½ large or three small)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 5 pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Pasta of your choice
4 points per serving (Weight Watchers Winning Points)
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 186 calories
- Sodium: 878 mg sodium
- Fat: 4 g total fat
- Saturated Fat: 1 g saturated fat
- Carbohydrates: 8 mg carbohydrates
- Fiber: 1 g dietary fiber
- Protein: 28 g protein
- Cholesterol: 66 mg cholesterol
You may enjoy these other Weight Watchers recipes:
Sweet and Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry
Beef Teriyaki and Vegetables
Couscous with Lentils and Vegetables
Meet The Author: Martha
Martha is part of the husband-wife team that creates A Family Feast. She loves to cook and entertain for family and friends, and she believes that serving a great meal is one of the best ways to show someone that you care. Martha is a self-taught home cook, who loves to read cookbooks and try new recipes. After a decades-long career in business and online marketing, she now runs A Family Feast full-time. Her specialties are baking, desserts, vegetables and pasta dishes.